Art Weather girls - winter

Hey sweet creatives how goes things?
Well I was finally able to carve a little creative time into my schedule this 
weekend- OK not really, but I did it anyways! 
The weather around here this week has been chilly (mornings in the 30's) so I was inspired
to make this winter painting. Of course today it was 87! But that's Texas!
She is one of four weather girls collection I have created.
Here are some pictures in progress...

 Drawing on Roc Lon drop cloth, I used gesso for a textured foundation.
 Adding color with Gelatos, water and a paint brush- sometimes a little more gesso.

 For small spaces, like eyes I like to use PITT Artist Pens and Aquarelles.
 I really loved the stark white contrast background so I decided to stay with it.
 After she was finished I went and added a bit  of blue on the top for the sky,
modeling paste for the snow trees background and Snow Tex for her faux fur hat!

*tip- for small specs of snow use the bacl of a paint brush or sharp white pencil dipped
in gesso to make small random dots. This is also great for eyes.
So how about you? Did you get any creative time for yourself this weekend?
Did you blog about it? If so leave me a link!

 photo 30f97b72-4f96-4dea-ae94-1e7248df6f50_zps1fa57618.jpg

Labels: , , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.