Lets make a Mixed Media Art Canvas

Hello arsty peeps! In case you missed it I was a guest designer over on the
 Authentique blog!. I got to design with the Natural collection and this was one
of the projects I made for them.

 I started my canvas with a collage of the papers.
I love using Gel medium because it is thicker than regular glue
so your papers aren't sliding all over the place and its not super messy.
It has a matte finish so you can get some on the edges to keep corners
from popping up and you still have an even beautiful surface to work with; well, it's 
still textured because of the  layers of the papers 
but you don't see the adhesive and that's what you want!

 A brayer works wonders to make sure everything is smooth, just make sure you 
have a wet paper towel near by to wipe off any excess. 

 I used Gelatos® on the edges and rubbed it in with my fingers for a chalky look; another bonus of the gel medium it dries fairly quickly, I am not a patient crafter! 

 I drew my girl.
Filled the space with Gesso...

 Added color with Gelatos®...

More color with PITT® Artist Pens and Stampers Big Brush Pens...

 Went back with more gesso, bubble wrap and stencils.

 Then melted Paper Crafter Crayons on part of her hair
and the edges of the piece.

 Some close ups!


 Oh - some old rub ons I found and I dipped the back of a paint brush in gesso for dots.

 I really wish I could show this in person- if you can't ell already I am a texture/visual kinda gal
and this has tons of it! Pictures don't do the layers justice!
How about you? What moves you?
Do you need your pages to be totally smooth? Do you like texture? 
Do you need soft or vibrant color colors?
***
Supplies
canvas, paper- Authentique,
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gel Medium, Gesso, Gelatos®
PITT® Artist Pens, Stampers Big Brush Pens, Paper Crafter Crayons,
Rub Ons-?

 photo 30f97b72-4f96-4dea-ae94-1e7248df6f50_zps1fa57618.jpg

Labels: ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.