Fiber and Burlap, who knew?

Hey there crafty peeps! 
If you are here looking for the Susan K. Weckesser 
blog hop check out the post below. If you are looking for the 
Faber-Castell/May arts blog hop you will have to come back on Friday for my post!


 So here we are mid week and of course I have another post for you!
                                        This little purse and matching card were so fun to make! 
                                          The purse is a little canvas bag from Hobby Lobby.
                                     I even hand made the flowers from the Fiber Natural stack! 

 Here is a close up- I drew them, rolled them and then painted my little roses
with a wet paint brush dipped in Gelatos! The fiber stack has a slight yellow
tint to it so the flowers look two toned. I painted the leaves green.
The ribbon, bag and purse I colored yellow with water & Gelatos, then dipped the 
edges on my mat, where I had mixed water and Gelatos in metallic melon!
The Fiber Natural stack was great because it soaked up the color but it also stopped spreading quickly,
so I would definitely do experiments on the paper you plan to use.
Then I added the burlap on top, this stack has a paper backing on the burlap 
so it is easy to adhere to another surface (unlike burlap would be by itself!)
Then I added ink to the edges with a Stampers Big Brush.
I really love the contrast between the burlap and the rich color the fiber natural stack holds!
This card could be used for any occasion!

 photo 30f97b72-4f96-4dea-ae94-1e7248df6f50_zps1fa57618.jpg

Labels: , , , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.