Cabinet Make over- mixed media style

 
Hey there bloggers it 's that time again-
Grab button for Where Bloggers Create 
I am constantly re-doing my studio probably because it's not "me " yet.
And this gives me incentive to make it presentable!
So I have these recessed cabinets and my original idea was to get bead board wallpaper, paint to match the cabinets but I could not find any and when I get a bug to do something I am not
about to scour the internet and then wait for it to be shipped... :/ 
Not to mention $$$ for heavy wallpaper rolls! Then I got this
 wild idea - what if paint my girls (fairies of course) in those recessed areas?
      So I cut pieces of Roc Lon Multi Purpose cloth down to the right size.
(No need to gesso-but I would always try a small section if you are not
familiar with it or the paints you are using. This stuff is so cool!)
I started drawing- I just any mechanical pencils (I hate taking the time to sharpen
when I am on a roll.)
 I painted the background to match my cabinets.

My "go to"for flesh tones is Gellatos mixed with Gesso and a little water.
Everybody is different, but it works for me.
Her lips were painted with Luminarte Silks Coral Berry.
High lights with the Big White Brush Pen.
 Highlights on the hair are with Alchemy paints- Can you see the iridescent color?

 In small areas like eyes I use Faber-Castell Aquarelles, they are great for fine details- 
draw first then go back with a small wet paint brush.
 In the center of the eyes and the black on the wings I use Stewart Gill Pearlise.
I love the dark rich contrast between the colors and the black. For fine lines I use
the PITT pens.
 When I do wings I do the colors first, then the black- this way I can correct
any mistakes I may have made.(What???mistakes??pshh!) Add a few more highlights...

And there she is...only four more to go! 
I had better hurry, I still have lots of cleaning to do before the party!
Do you redo things with your artsy supplies?

                                     All of these products can be found at Artistcellar!
Stewart Gill Alchemy - Water Nymph & Fusion
Stewart Gill Pearlise in Black Pearl
Luminarte Silks in Sky blue, Coral Berry & Rich Cobalt
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist Pens and Big White Brush Pen,
  Aquarelles

 photo 30f97b72-4f96-4dea-ae94-1e7248df6f50_zps1fa57618.jpg

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.