Any budding artist in your family?

Hey bloggers Rita Barakat here!
The kids are back in school (yay!) and already I am thinking
what am I going to do with all that artwork? After all
"Every Artist was first and amatuer!"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
So I came up with a mini album!
How about taking a picture of your budding artist
and filling the pages with pictures if their beautiful artwork?
Of course I had to decorate mine, (but you could let the kids do it)
I will add their pictures as I get them!
 
I used this album is the 8 inch circle album from Clear Scraps.
For the cover I had fun coloring these beautiful papers from the
Forever and Always stack from DCWV with Gelatos.
They have a metallic shine/resist thing going on and when I draw on the paper
with Gelatos, then rub it in with get this a sponge it looks so pretty!
You already know that you adhere lots of different papers to acrylic
but did you know that you can use lots of different mediums to
color acrylic if you use gesso first?
 
 Paint it on or use an old gift card.
The trick is you must let it dry completly!

 Then you can paint, mist, stencil whatever - and it looks really cool!
(If I do say so myself.)
I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos™
in the Blue Collection (Cotton Candy, Blueberry, Boysenberry &
Grape). Did I mention I like purples?
 
 I also used texture paste and a stencil directly on the acrylic.  
What you are looking at is a clear page with
 the stenciled frame and words. (see below.) 
Hint* I used cut up words and had the same saying on the back- the trick is
on the back of the word "the" is the word "in" and the back of the word
"in" is the word "the".
 
Covering the entire page with gesso allowed me to
play with all types of techniques.
 For this page I got the same look as a mist by drawing with 

Gelatos™ on the top and misting it with lots of water until
it started to drip down. After it was dry I went back and added dots with a stencil.

I think these will be great backgrounds for my budding artists!

Supplies:
Clear Scraps Acylic album
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos™
Gesso

Texture paste
Stencil -  the Crafters Workshop
Papers -  DCWV
Washi Tape - Love My Tapes
ribbon
*Please take a look at my current giveaway!

Labels: , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.