Give Thanks - Mixed media art page

So here it is my first DCWV DT project!
I am super excited to share this page in my art journal!
I had started this a while ago but for some reason had not worked on it.

My original thought was to write different words about fall...
Thanks, Harvest, grateful, leaves...
Then I got the Autumn Splendor stack form DCWV
and there it was, already printed up for me!
I had already started my page with swirls of Gelatos, modelier
creme and journaling so I had to figure out how to get that
beautiful paper in the background!
Then I remembered I had some tracing paper!
I traced around my painted areas, cut  them out and used
them for templates on the printed paper.

The colors are a perfect match!
It was exactly the feeling I was going for!

Here is a close up of the textures and colors!
It's got lots of shine so unfortunately I got alot of glare-
it looks so much better in person!!!
In this close up you can see I also added
texture to her hat with this stuff called Texture fine.
I got it on clearance at Michaels (score!)
it's just like a product called Snow Tex.
It dries hard and has lots of texture like stucco.
Here are two pictures of the completed pages,
so you can get a little different perspective.
I guess with the temperatures being in the 100's
I am longing for a little fall!  How about you?
***
Suppplies:
DCWV Autumn Splendor paper
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos, gesso & PITT Artist pens
Viva Decor Modelier Creme
Deco Art Texture Fine
Love My Tapes ribbon
Prima ribbon
jute
Gel Matte medium 


Labels: , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.