The Sunfairy

 Hey there bloggers!
Todays project was inspired by one of my followers
"Sunfairy" - isn't that a great online name? For the longest time I wanted to
do something artsy with that and I finally did it!
She is a super sweet lady and I hope she is blessed by this project!
As you can tell I love MiXeD MeDia!
Today I want to focus on a fun technique you might use on one of your projects!
If you click on the photo and make it bigger
take a close look at my sleeping fairy wings!
See how they pop out on the page?
Here is how I did it... 

First I drew the basics of my page.

 Then I took a Clear Scraps acrylic sheet, placed it over my image and copied
the wings with a permanent marker. The sheet has a protective film on top
so I was able to draw on the film not leaving any marks on the
the actual wings. This sheet is fairly thin and pliable so I was able to
cut it out with a scissors, then remove the top side of the film.
( I always leave the bottom film on while I am working on my surface.)

 I used Scrap Happy Glue on the edges and let it dry completely.
This is important, otherwise you will have a big mess on your hands!
(And it will peel off! Boo!) 
 After the glue is completely dry you can add "You're so fine glitter"
in copper; you are rubbing in the glitter with your finger.

 This is what it will look like.  From here I peeled off the film
on the back and used alcohol inks,
but you could leave it this way or use rub ons.

Here is the finished result!
To secure her wings I cut a slit in the paper above her,
tucked in the wings and glued it in with a scrap paper
sandwhiching (is that a word?lol)
 the the wings for extra support.
And a close up of the journaling...

This would be a fun technique for angel, ladybugs, dragonflies,
you could even stamp on the acrylic and do this same technique-
but that's another post! :)

Supplies
Scrap Happy Glue, You're so fine glitter, Lil Inkerz sponge tools
Design Memory Craft Gelatos, Gesso & PITT Artist Pens
Watercolor paper, Texture Paste,
Clear Scraps Acrylic sheet


Labels: , , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.