Getting Published!

If you subscribe to CREATING KEEPSAKES
 and got you magazine you will see that I have a layout published on pg 33!!!
***
Now, I am no way an expert on getting published as I really don't get it.
One of  my goals for 2011 was to be published
in a paper magazine and to be published in Creating Keepsakes
was definitely a dream come true!
 Now I have been published online many times and
  years ago I won two contests and a scrapbook convention and both projects where
published in a paper magazine (Memories magazine - which is no longer around)
but it eluded me how others get published
and some get published over and over.
 I talked to many, many girls who have been published and I will pass on that advice
because they were right.
So what's the big secret to getting published???
..........................................................
.........................................................
..........................................................
Keep submitting!
Lots and Lots and LOTS of projects!
I submitted a lot of layouts this year and right when I was so tired of hearing nothing
and ready to quit submitting I got an email from Creating Keepsakes!
AND it wasn't something I had just submitted - so if you are saving it for publishing don't post it!

Here are some insider scoops I also learned which 
did not make me feel better but helped me understand the process.
Maybe it will help you.
***
They have a magazine to sell and the pages
not only have to be good but they have to compliment each other -
so you may have the perfect layout but the wrong color or style or whatever.
They have THOUSANDS of layouts to choose from so if your picture isn't good
to begin with it's probably going to get overlooked.
It's not personal - you may be a fabulous scrapbooker
but it's not what they need THIS TIME so keep submitting!
 One of the girls I talked to said she submits 20-30 layouts
for each call EVERYTIME - and maybe she will get one picked up!
Pay attention to the type of project they need.
*added after I posted thanks to K. - good journaling!
And even though they picked your layout -
they tell you it still could get cut before the final edit comes out
(which is why I didn't say anything until I saw it with my own eyes!)

And that's all I know.
Not much. 
But it sure is exciting to see
your layout in a magazine!

Oh and after I got the news for Creating Keepsakes I got an email from
Stamping, Stationary, Scrapbooking magazine
that they are going to publish one of my projects in the Jan issue!!!
The project they picked was something I sent in from the call BEFORE the
current call (I had missed the current call!)
I haven't seen that one yet as it doesn't come out until Jan 1 but  it
just goes to show if you want something
Don't give up!

Labels: ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.