The heart of Scrapbooking

Hey friends,

Seriously I am not a total slacker OK that sounded lame but I am having a hard time this week friends! Where did the week go? It is already Friday! I feel like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland!


I am running from one thing to the next but I don't feel as speedy as he looks - I am dragging!
Hopefully I am not coming down with something and I will be able to catch up soon - I have been sleeping a lot, going to bed way early which is totally NOT my nature. ( I am talking 9:30 PM and if you know me I am a night owl and still function! But not this week.) And even with all this sleep I seem to be functioning in a fog. So forgive me as I ramble on...but enough about me.

I am super excited about a project I am working on - a  series of classes that are my heart, I would love to hear what you think:

“The heart of scrapbooking” by Rita Barakat

Do you find it difficult to know what to write about on your pages? Have you noticed that more and more people are not including journaling on their pages? I love scrapbooking and artsy techniques but my passion is in the story on the page, the heart of scrapbooking! Join me as we get back to the heart of scrapbooking! You have something to say! Together we will explore different ways to think about your photos. We will create pages that share not only your beautiful photos but your heart as well!

Here are some samples to give you an idea:


Each class will include a sketch and technique but our main focus will be the journaling – yes you will have homework! When you sign up for the class you will be given a handout, this will give you the theme for the class, journaling prompts and ideas. You will come to class with your journal completed and pictures to go with the theme. When you get to class we will have a kit prepared for you to put your 12x12 page together! You will share (as much as you feel comfortable) about your journaling and photos.  Feel free to interpret the theme as you like, this is your page! Our main focus is to get you thinking of different ways to approach your journaling!

*This will be an ongoing class, you may sign up for as many as you wish and can join us anytime!
I will be teaching this at the Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, TX starting next month!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been on my heart for a very long time because more and more I see beautiful pages with no journaling on them. It makes me sad that the story is getting lost - we wont be around forever and how many of inherited a box full of pictures with no details? Wouldn't you like to know their stories? So I a going back to my roots - getting back to the journaling and hopefully others will want to join me on this journey. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on this topic!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On a totally different note I want to tell you about
a contest over at Clear Scraps!
we are talking big big big prizes girls!!!!Check it out!



Labels: ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.