My journal and other freakish habits...

Ok so I'll let you in on a littel secret about me - I am a little freakish about taking notes and making lists. I have notebooks all over the place! The crazy thing is if I write it down I will remember it - I don't have to go back to look at it, but if I don't write it down I will surely forget it! During "back to school" shopping for the kids I picked a few extra composition books at .25cents!!! Now I can't have that plain boring cover staring at me (so NOT creative!) so I made myself a new cover! What do you think? 



I started with a plain notebook and a few papers - the butterfly is GCD Studios Artsy Urban collection.

This background papr is from the Paris Nights collection. Line up the paper with the book, flip it over and use a craft knife to cut off any excess paper.

Adhere it to the notebook. Did you know that you can use a Cropadile to punch holes in the cute little tins? I did this so I could add cute little emebellishments to the tin.

I wanted to add pink to the butterfly, making it match the tin. I used permanent marker to change the colors. I punched holes in the book to add the GCD Studios brads.


You certainly did not think I would make a book cover with out a little glam did you? Nope had to break out my Shimmerz!

 I couldn't leave well enough alone so I added a little gloss on top of that - it gave it the look of epoxy, cool.

And the finished result...
And a butterfly close up so you see the Shimmerz!

***
If you are looking for the ScrapGal blog hop
see my previous post! ;) thanks!

Labels:

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.