Peace around the holidays...

When I saw this cloud paper from College Press I knew I wanted to do something special! These are more lo's using the Decembers "Peace" kit at Scrapbooking From the Inside Out.

Here is the hidden journaling...If you can't read it here is what it says...
Finally…sweet sleep. I cannot remember a time that you’ve slept like a normal child. Most toddlers nap and go to sleep around 7 or 8 pm. You are the only baby I know that could be so sweet and sleep so little. There was a time that we had to medicate you because at two years old you had gone two weeks without sleeping! Since then your earliest bedtime was midnight. Not because we were doing anything, but you just can’t fall asleep. You started the first grade and not sleeping wasn’t working; you were too tired, very sensitive and moody. You could not focus, you were exhausted and you could not retain information. We have finally given into medication to help you sleep. It has made a world of difference. You sleep! You are at the top of your class now, you are a happy little guy, and you are easy going! I love that it has given all of us such peace.
***

And now you know why I call him "night Owl".

Here is the whole layout...

This is another layout from the kit that talks about the changes in my relationship with my oldest(who still doesn't have a nickname on this blog!) Here is the journal :
***Senior year for my first born has brought on so many thoughts and questions. Did I do a good job? Is she ready for college? Have I given here all the tools she needs for life? I am not ready to let go, and yet I know a part of me knows she will always be my baby. Our relationship is ever evolving, changing by the experiences we both face.



***She is amazing, smart, fun and silly; she does not realize how beautiful she really is. I remember when she was three and could not get enough to read. I didn’t sit down and teach her – it’s something she picked up on her own, a God given gift. Amazing, to this day she reads everything she can get her hands on - quickly with full comprehension. She has her dad’s sense of humor, dry and sarcastic and yet can be incredibly silly. If you speak to her in person you will see that she has many of my mannerisms, she even talks like me. Her dads’ sense of humor comes into play as she teases my friends when they call, pretending to be me on the phone. She knows who she is in Christ. She has deep passion for injustice and the hurting. She is comfortable being a young woman; she is strong and feminine. She stands up for her rights. Is she perfect no, none of us are perfect we all make mistakes but she is good. She will make mistakes on her own; I have to learn to let her.



***We are on the cusp of a new beginning, a different understanding of a familiar relationship. In one month my baby will eighteen years old. Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday she was dressed up like a little bride happy to be dancing with her grandpa or cuddling with her daddy. I am not scared or nervous about her future, I am at peace knowing that we may not have been perfect parents but judging by who she is right now we definitely did something right.
Some details...

I really love using Glimmer Mists and masks and glitter!

This layout has the hidden journaling in the scroll. I was having a rough day and thought about this layout, it's so peaceful and my day was anything peaceful! It just seemed to work for me and sometimes you gotta get this stuff off your chest!


***
The hidden journal:
Today started out so beautifully. The snow had fallen and colored everything white. The kids were so excited it must be Christmas! A white Christmas! But no, it was the middle of November, not even Thanksgiving has passed. They were so excited I was tempted to bring out the Christmas decorations. It’s a good thing I didn’t…



One of the things that we deal with is special needs. One of our little has early onset bipolar and this is the worst time of year for him. He cycles daily from happy to silly to angry to sad without medication. The medication controls a lot of it but this is the hardest season for him. It usually starts in October, escalates through Christmas and by January he is back to normal. Each year it gets a little easier, I don’t know if it's because he’s getting better or because we are getting better at handling it. Maybe it’s because we know what to expect, or maybe it’s a little bit of everything.



It wasn’t long before they were begging to go outside and play. We managed to find all the necessities winter coats, hats, boots, scarves and gloves; I suited them up and they went outside. Not ten minutes go by and it starts…the complaining,”It’s too cold out there!” (Jacket is now unzipped, scarf is probably still outside and gloves are off!) I reply “Where are your gloves and scarf?” he says “I don’t know. My hands hurt.” (His hands are bright red, he is shivering and soaking wet.)I tell him to take off his wet clothes and change into dry ones and he will feel better. He spends the next half an hour complaining and crying about his hands.


One of his issues is obsessing about things, another is misplacing things.



All of the kids inside now (with dry clothes on) I make the kids hot chocolate and tell them this should be MOVIE DAY! They are excited but it is just a few moments and then he is obsessing about going outside again!!! It’s going to be a long day.


Is it bedtime yet???



By the evening we are both exhausted. I have a horrible head ache. We spent the day with him obsessing, arguing, and me saying no. He is so worn out that all he can do is be held, lie around and wait for bedtime.


Is every day like this? No, but it sure does make for a very long day. Who said there would be peace around the holidays???

I was able to also make a little card and still have paper left over!
********************************
Wishing you joy and peace this holiday season!
********************************

Don't forget the Fa la la la freebies( hello givaways!!) at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out!!!!How can you win? Two easy steps:



***1. Stop by Scrapbooking from the Inside Out and register for our mailing list on the home page (scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.com - scroll down) if you’re not already a member. If you are, you’re good to go!

***2. Leave a comment here - http://www.scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.blogspot.com/and let us know if your spiritual choices leave you feeling peaceful...That’s it! We’ll announce the winner tomorrow. You have until Midnight Pacific (Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning) to leave your comment (UTC/GMT -8).

***Every weekday between now and Christmas, join us for Fa La La La Freebies at SFTIO - great giveaways and inspiration as we highlight some of the best emotion-based layouts we’ve seen this year. Each day you can win something special used on those pages from Scrapbooking from the Inside Out to add to your layouts, and on Christmas Day, you can win our grand prize - our exclusive January kit before it’s available to our subscribers.
I am so not kidding when I tell you Rachel puts together an amazing kit!

Labels:

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.