Fun Finds!

I am not really into cards but I did make this one today with a sketch from 52sketches52weeks. I did a lot of fun techniques today, got out some old product I had and had some fun! First lets talk about the butterfly!
The base of the butterfly is actually from a VP paper. I cut it out, inked the edges and used a little memory maker glitter glue.

The top layers of the butterfly are the plastic packaging - you get it when you buy stamps or other various embellishments. I cut two pieces using the butterfly as a stencil. I then used a Versamark ink pad to stamp swirls on the wings. Then I took a dry paintbrush to my very

cool and iridescent mica powder! I brushed it on and wiped away the extra with a paper towel. These are the coolest products and best of all I just found out they are made in the USA! You can mix these with water, use them dry or use an adhesive like the Versamark pads. I wish you could see how pretty and vibrant these really are in person! After the two top layers were done I bent them in half and adhered them to each other and to the base butterfly with tiny glue dots.


I used my favorite standby stickles down the center of the butterfly. I made the antennae with rhinestones (paper studio). I also stickled the edges of each layer of the butterflies.

Lets talk about the color squares! I started with green paper, inked them a little with my "brilliance" grey ink pad. I added clear embossing powder and embossed them with my heat gun. Then I added alcohol inks to two of the squares! Magenta and blue. I wish you could see the effects- the camera doesn't get the very cool depth and glimmer effect!


The bigger square behind that I used this very neat stuff called glitz spritz!
in this color! It is so pretty in person! It has this tye dye, metallic, iridescent effect going on! This and the mica powders are made in the USA and they can be found here http://www.lindystampgang.com/index.html


Look at these colors! I bought this stuff years ago at a craft show, loved them but didn't know how to get more. Gotta love the Internet! I looked them up and found out that they are still in business, are made in the USA and have great prices!

The last part of the card was stamping the last layer (or first depending on what order you go in!) of the card, inking the edges and adding the leather photo corners(making memories).
A ton of techniques in one card!

Oh and I just found out that another one of my favorite things is also made in the USA - get a load of this! Yumm!!! Love Sees Candy - OK I know it's not scrapbooking but hey what's scrapbooking without a little chocolate! This one is my favorite- the scotchmellow! You wont catch me eating dark chocolate very often but if you do this is it! Dark chocolate, marshmellow and carmel!

(Of course it's not this big in person! LOL!)Growing up mom always bought these- nut and chews, yummy yummy! We don't have this store anywhere close to us so I have to drool online until we make the next road trip!And Easter is coming so I leave you with this beasutiful work of art! I love chocolate!

Labels: , , , ,

Orange Juice. <body>





Who wants orange juice?
It's fresh.
hehe..

Basically, your welcome message
right here.